The next sale is scheduled for March 20-24, 2024 at Stuart Country Day School, 1200 Stuart Road, Princeton, NJ.
Please note that no wheeled vehicles are permitted on the sales floors except personal assistive items — wheelchairs, walkers, and scooters — that are protected under ADA law. A limited number of wagons or dollies may be parked in the adjacent downstairs lobby.
The Bryn Mawr-Wellesley Book Sale is widely considered to be one of the East Coast’s most important used book sales due to the quality, type, and quantity of books available.
Our volunteers sort approximately tens of thousands of donated books per year, keeping only the best 60,000 or so. We receive large numbers of valuable books from area scholars and celebrities, university departments (including Princeton and Rutgers), and the estates of ardent book collectors. There is a lot to choose from!
Most hardbacks cost $3, with more valuable books marked higher. Collectible and rare books in our Collector’s Corner room are marked at approximately 25% of a book’s average retail value at the time we price it.
The sale attracts collectors and dealers from Indiana, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Florida, Maine, Ohio, and beyond.
Why do they come from so far away? It’s worth the trip!
Why do dealers make a point of attending the Bryn Mawr-Wellesley Book Sale?
1. Tens of thousands of books in about 70 categories
2. Rare and antique books in the Collector’s Corner Room
3. Most hardbacks are $3. More valuable books are generally priced at 25% of their retail value. Antique and rare books may be more, but all are priced with dealers’ profit margins in mind.
4. Books are carefully curated to remove the dross, leaving only books in excellent condition.
5. We often sell the donated collections of scholars, university professors, or local celebrities.