We accept books in good condition at our warehouse year-round behind 32 Vandeventer Avenue, Princeton on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 10 am – noon.
The last day to donate for the 2018 sale is March 7. We will resume accepting donations on Saturday, March 30.
We can only accept books we will be able to sell. Please see below for a list of books we do not take. We will provide a donation receipt when you drop off your books. Determining the actual value is up to you.
Due to space restrictions, we normally accept no more than 12 boxes at a time from a single household. Please call ahead (609-921-7479) if you wish to donate more than 12 boxes at once, if you have a special collection to donate, or if you have a question. We realize that some of our donors may not be physically able to bring their books to the warehouse. If you have no one to help you, you reside in Princeton, and you wish to donate books, please call us or email email@example.com.
Books we accept must be in good condition and saleable. Please check the guidelines below. Disposing of books we cannot sell is costly and we limit expenses to maximize college scholarship money we earn through the sale.
The Bryn Mawr-Wellesley Book Sale is a private 501(c) 3 not-for-profit organization, run by volunteers from all walks of life. About one-third are community members not affiliated with either college.Your donation is tax-deductible.
Book Donation Site
Open 10 am-noon on Wednesdays & Saturdays year-round except in March.
Drop off books at the brown shingled barn behind 32 Vandeventer Street, Princeton, NJ 08540. (Washington Road becomes Vandeventer Street after it crosses Nassau Street.)
PICK UP SERVICE
If you are unable to drop books off, we are testing a pilot program – a volunteer-run pickup service. Based on our availability, we will travel within 20 miles of our barn to pick up books that meet our collection criteria. We are particularly seeking hardback non-fiction collections. Please check the list below of acceptable books and note that we cannot accept dusty or musty books.
Don’t forget, donations are tax-deductible and all proceeds go to fund local college scholarships for local students.
To inquire about a pickup, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Leave plenty of time for arrangements to be made.
Please read: Books we cannot accept
- Encyclopedias (except the Britannica 11th edition)
- Self-help books
- Law textbooks, medical textbooks, scholarly monographs
- Business, science, and technical books that are 10-50 years old. We will accept some older editions. Please inquire if you have a question.
- Magazines and journals (except art magazines)
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Time Life sets including cookbooks
- Harlequin and Silhouette romances
- Textbooks in any field
- Outdated (2+ yrs old) manuals, almanacs, restaurant, hotel or travel guides
- The Life Nature Library, the Life Science Library, and the Life World Library
- Books that are stained, coated with dust, or smell musty
- Books with heavily underlined pages
- Paperback books with ripped covers or browned pages
- Books that haven’t sold at other sales. If they couldn’t sell them, we can’t either
- VHS tapes: however, we are happy to receive commercial CDs and DVDs