Tickets are $25 and are available via PayPal on the Opening Day page under the Annual Sale tab. Entry to the sale is first-come, first-served based on the time stamp of PayPal purchases. Details. Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Bryn Mawr-Wellesley Book Sale is widely considered to be one of the east coast’s most important used book sales due to the quality, type, and quantity of books available.
Held in a five-day period each spring, the sale attracts collectors and dealers from Indiana, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Florida, Maine, Ohio, and beyond.
Why do they come from so far away? It’s worth the trip!
The sale receives large numbers of valuable books from area scholars and celebrities, university departments (including Princeton and Rutgers), and the estates of ardent book collectors. There is plenty to choose from.
Why do dealers make a point of attending the Bryn Mawr-Wellesley Book Sale?
1. Tens of thousands of books in 60+ categories
2. Rare and antique books in the Collector’s Corner Room
3. Most hardbacks are $2. More valuable books are generally priced at 20% of their retail value. Antique and rare books may be more, but all are priced with dealers’ profit margins in mind.
4. Books are carefully curated to remove the dross, leaving only books in excellent condition.
5. We often sell the donated collections of scholars, university professors, or local celebrities.
Who are are some of our large buyers? Meet Ron and Mary Weishaar of Chatham, MA.
A Great Yarn
Ron and Mary Weishaar of Chatham, MA, owners of a charming yarn store that also sells books and refreshments, look forward to making purchases at the BMW Book Sale each year and consider it the best they have visited.