Tickets are $25 and will be available for the 2018 book sale via PayPal starting January 14. Entry to the sale is first-come, first-served based on the time stamp of PayPal purchases. Details. Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
The Bryn Mawr-Wellesley Book Sale is widely considered to be one of the east coast’s most important used book sales due to the quality, type, and number of books available.
Held in a five-day period each spring, the sale attracts collectors and dealers from Indiana, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Florida, Maine, Ohio, and beyond. Why do they come from so far away? The Bryn Mawr-Wellesley Book Sale is worth the trip!
The sale receives large numbers of valuable books from area scholars and celebrities, university departments (including Princeton and Rutgers), and the estates of ardent book collectors. There is plenty to choose from.
Why do dealers make a point of attending the Bryn Mawr-Wellesley Book Sale?
1. Around 80,000 books in 60+ categories
2. Rare and antique books in the Collector’s Corner Room
3. Most hardbacks are $2. More valuable books are generally priced at 20% of their retail value. Antique and rare books may be more, but all are priced with dealers’ profit margins in mind.
4. Books are carefully sorted to remove the dross, leaving only books in excellent condition.
5. We often sell the donated collections of scholars, university professors, or local celebrities.
Who are are some of our large buyers? Meet Ron and Mary Weishaar of Chatham, MA.
A Great Yarn
Ron and Mary Weishaar of Chatham, MA, owners of a charming yarn store that also sells books and refreshments, look forward to making purchases at the BMW Book Sale each year and consider it the best they have visited.